Masters of Business Planning
The Masters of Business Planning program takes a holistic approach based on the Planning Group’s proprietary “Integrated Planning Model” for a comprehensive and fully integrated view of the planning process that goes well beyond financial planning. The core approach of the Masters of Planning program is to work from top to bottom of an organization in a disciplined process from high level strategy to detailed action plans with relevant performance indicators at each step.
Who Should Attend
If you are a CFO or VP of Strategy, don’t enroll in this program! This intensive program goes beyond theory, so participants must be hands-on corporate planners working in medium to large, private or public sector organizations. To enroll you should have actual accountability for building, leading, and facilitating your planning process. This is not just business planning theory…this is hands on training for hard-core business and strategic planners and facilitators. Based on the depth and intensity, The Masters of Business Planning Program is designed for two very specific niches:
- Corporate Planners working in medium to large private or public sector organizations, and very large non-profits. Regardless of the organization, participants of this program should have accountability for business planning in their organization or major division. Target participants of The Masters of Business Planning Program likely fit the following criteria:
- You report to the CEO, CFO, or divisional EVP.
- You own the planning process in your organization, and you have the accountability to make it better.
- You work closely with your organization or division’s most senior team of executives in a facilitative capacity.
- You have the word “Planning” in your title.
- Your boss has charged you to “Fix your planning process!”
- Consultants who are either independent or working in a big firm, and are engaged by their clients to assist with strategic and business planning. If your clients are like ours they are looking for an engagement that won’t leave them hanging on a nice strategy, but no action.
While the Masters of Business Planning Program is conducted in English, the international perspective and experience of participants from outside of North America is most welcome.
What you and your Organization will Gain from Participation in the Masters of Business Planning Program
- A full blown business planning model that links strategic planning, operational planning, action planning, project planning, and financial planning.
- A proven, leading edge process to move your organization beyond a static annual planning process to a dynamic, rolling business planning process.
- The system, process, training and tools to ensure a robust discussion and clear articulation of your Board’s vision and strategy.
- A longer term strategic plan that is integrated with operational and action plans.
- A tighter planning process that is flexible enough to support a dynamic operating environment.
- A clear plan of attack for your organization with concrete priorities and actions.
- Confidence among your stakeholders that the strategy and plans are well thought-out, credible, executable, and aligned with regional objectives.
- A strategy that balances short term targets with a deliberate, longer-term plan.
- Clear and measurable staff understanding of the priorities and strategy of your organization.
- A stronger emphasis on daily decisions driven by mandate, strategic fit, and a reasonable cost benefit.
- A more strategic view of how to measure the validity of proposed initiatives.
Components of the Masters of Business Planning Program
We want the knowledge transfer to be over the top, so the intensive week long session is complimented by every possible tool, book, CD, and other study material possible. More importantly, every participant of this program receives one year of personal coaching to ensure they have the ongoing support required to be successful.
Anchored by an intensive week long workshop program, the Masters of Business Planning includes every possible component to transfer knowledge and help participants (and their organization) achieve success:
- Week long intensive Workshop program (Next seminar date will be announced soon). Although we schedule lots of time for fun and networking, there are about 50 hours of hard work involved over the 5 days.
- Monthly skill boosting webinars for a year covering a variety of topics to reinforce and build leading edge business planning, internal consulting and strategic thinking skills.
- The MoBP Program Manual, which is over 400 pages long and contains the main supporting written material upon which the program is based.
- 400+ PowerPoint slides of sample workshops and facilitated sessions you will need to apply the program in your work.
- Eight audio CD’s of the core program.
- Data CD of more than 100 tools, templates, diagrams, facilitated sessions, and presentations used in the workshop. As a participant in the program you have full rights to use these any way you want in your work.
- Lifetime access to password protected on-line materials in electronic format, and the verbatim recording of our entire week of discussions.
- Individualized pre-session discussions, preparation, and pre-work to maximize the value you get from the Masters of Business Planning session.
- A full year of The Masters of Business Planning Mentor Program: one-on-one coaching to hone your skills and implement a better planning program in your organization.
- Lifetime access to the Masters of Business Planning Interactive Alumni program.
Week Long Intensive Masters of Business Planning Workshop
The workshop is like completing an Executive MBA in Business and Strategic Planning. We mix plenty of instruction, with hands on workshops, role plays, planning session facilitations, and a daily talk from some of the most important strategists in North America. Equally important is a unique opportunity to work, network, interact, and learn with a very small group of your peers.